How to Fall in Love with Death in Seven Days | Odessa in the dark: A Review
This post contains affiliate links. If you click them and purchase something, I get a tiny commission. It does not fund my lavish lifestyle (there is no lifestyle), but it does help keep this blog caffeinated and emotionally stable.
What I got was seven days of psychological warfare, childhood trauma, emotional excavation, card games with DEATH, and a Thana M贸r who apparently decided he was going to personally unpack Odessa’s entire psyche.
Sir. This was NOT in the job description. 馃槶
The Thana M贸r??? HELLO???
Odessa in the Dark
Genre & Tropes
Dark Psychological Warfare (lol)
Rating
5/5
The Part Where I Try to Explain the Plot
I am obsessed with how he slowly peeled back Odessa’s layers and forced her to confront everything she had spent YEARS burying. He didn’t just swoop in as some spooky death entity like “your sister is mine, perish accordingly.”
No.
He said:
“Let’s talk about your trauma.”
Odessa: absolutely not.
Thana M贸r: “Unfortunately, we are talking about it.”
And somehow, through all the darkness, manipulation, fear, and emotional devastation, he became the person who understood her the most.
THE AUDACITY.
And then he went and did the most selfless thing ever after spending the entire book digging into the darkest parts of her soul.
I'M SORRY????
What my Braincell Has Spoken!
I came here for a supernatural bargain and accidentally developed feelings for Death himself.
The romance/tension was also giving “this is probably a terrible idea” while my brain was going:
YES. CONTINUE. MAKE WORSE DECISIONS.
What really got me, though, was that Odessa’s journey isn't just about saving Iris. It’s about finally confronting the damage that was done to her and realizing that surviving something doesn’t mean you have to let it define the rest of your life.
The sibling bond? ❤️馃┕
The hurt and healing? PAIN.
The psychological realism? RUDE.
The Thana M贸r? MARRY ME, I am DEATH MAN. (not really lol, it was my head)
And that Rumplestiltskin-esque twist? 馃憖
Let's just say I was sitting there like:
OH.
OH???
OH, YOU SNEAKY LITTLE BOOK.
In Short!!!!!!!
Overall, Odessa in the Dark felt like someone took grief, trauma, sisterly love, a supernatural bargain, psychological healing and romantic tension, threw them into a haunted swamp, and told them to figure their shit out.
I fear the Thana M贸r has permanently raised the bar....Unfortunately, death itself is now the bare minimum. 馃拃
Rating: 5 STARS - Came for the spooky death spirit. Stayed because he was apparently the most emotionally intelligent man in the book.


Comments
Post a Comment